Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dancing road in rain pleases me aesthetically

Bishnu Prasad Aryal

It was raining all the day as it is the beginning of the rainy season and first monsoon rain began on that very day. I was symbolically dancing in the rain. On June 27, I got out from my home located at Rampur-1 in a serene and big valley along the Kaligandaki river of Palpa district. I was at home for only one day as I had taken a leave of four-day from my office. It was the fourth day. I must have left the home for my office in Kathmandu.

Showering rain continually hailed me on the way.I reached the bus station at the 15-minute distance from my home. The road to the main highway is not black-topped yet. It becomes muddy and risky during the rainy season. However, the driver of a van among others assured me to drive his vehicle for the destination despite raining. I was glad and thankful to him for carrying my two big bags full of ripen mangoes and bananas organically grown at my home garden. The fruits were so sweet, I nearly swallowed my tongue when I tasted them at my home.

It was about 1 pm I got on the van. Another van led the way. It was moving ahead we were following it. The leading van started dancing on the road as the rain and mud played music to its tune. People were afraid of the scene but I enjoyed it a lot when the van in which I was danced better than the earlier. People got down and walked on the muddy sections of the road, however, I danced merrily. Actually, I was sitting on the seat of the van and the van was so nicely dancing.

The distance was only 27km, a travel of simply for two hours in a van but it took more than thrice fold of time to reach to Galyang on the Siddartha Highway. The driver of my van was so sweet, good and excellent in driving than the one that was leading us. I talked to him and he talked to me frankly. He was so helpful and discplined person I was impressed by him. I am still thinking that if I get his van on my journey, I will never ride on any vehicle on that route as I like to dance again in a driving van.

0 comments:

Post a Comment