Thursday, August 14, 2008

It is Something about Me?!

Once upon a time, I was eternal in the universe. I was so good, wise, clever, peaceful, lovely and gentle. When my father fell in love with a woman-would-be-my-mother, I was bound to be born on this earth. Then I am destined to suffer the miseries, pains and pleasure of life in this material world. Now, I am called a foolish, stupid, unpractical, philosophical, rude, sly and so on as If I was sent on this planet, I am to be punished for nothing.

Every then, and here and now, I am very much grounded on reality and investigation rather than believing in rhetorics, verbal layer and play of language and words. My life is full of struggles from the beginning. My father passed away when I was studying Intermediate level. I was the senior or responsible person to handle my family with my mother and two brothers at that time. I started teaching as an English grammar teacher in a public school after I had just taken the final year examination of B.A in !993. i worked there for more than a year. Then I joined a private school where I served one year. Because of my passion to work more, I along with other three partners thrived to open a private English School where I was vice-principal for two years. At that time, conflict and violence was increasingly threatening the whole society and country. Due to the same reason which forced me to turn my way, I appeared in an examination taken by the Palpa District Education Office for the secondary level English teacher. I passed the exam and interview but rejected to receive the appointment letter. I sold my share of the school and joined another Higher Secondary School as a teacher and administrator. I worked there as teacher, administrator and chief-editor of the monthly school magazine for three years.

In 1999, I joined M.A. in the Central Department of English, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu and completed M.A. in English Literature in 2001. In 2002, I joined the state owned national English daily The Rising Nepal as a correspondent for the Kathmandu Valley. Hundreds of news articles on different topics have been published in the daily. I left the The Rising Nepal in 2006 during the Royal regime at the eve of the People's Movement 2006 for supporting the democratic movement. Another reason to leave the job: two powerful friends tried to sabotage and jeopardize my plans and life accusing me of not marrying sister of one of my friends. Now, I am very much serious, sensitive and philosophical about each event and attitude towards life struggling for quest for identity and justice for humanity. I am still single and not interested much more in the marriage affair because of my freedom fond behavior.

0 comments:

Post a Comment