Friday, August 29, 2008

Speechless Moment: A Sense of Isolation

Apr 19, '07


Speechless Moment: A Sense of Isolation


I said, "Bye".
She said, "OK".
Then we departed for our destinations. She headed towards south and I got up a bus traveling east. We were at the junction of Butwal, business city of central Nepal about two couple of days ago. People were coming and going to their directions from the crossroad.

It seemed the sun was angry with the people who were unaware of scorching heat. It was not too hot but the temperature was above 35 degree Celsius. I was on the road, the road of my destination and destiny.

It looked the trees were running. The bus was full of sounds playing music. In fact, the bus was running and my mind inside the bus was running back to the history of few hours ago.

The place from where I caught the bus was hilly, scenery and fascinatingly serene. The wind was blowing mildly. people were on the opposite and supportive directions respectively. I entered into the bus and looked for a vacant seat. All the front seats were not empty. I went to the behind seats. There was an empty seat along with a girl, who was looking downside. I could not see her face. But her dress was neat and pink color with embroidery. I took the vacant seat.

The bus was moving and heading to its destination. I was silent and she was also silent. I wanted to know about her because I thought we were together by the seats. I wanted to ask, "Sister, can we introduce each other? Where are you going?" But, I pondered upon my thinking and said without uttering voice, "It will be meaner to ask anything about an unknown lady. Why should I ask her for anything when we only met on the bus?" I sometimes peered and she also did so but not at a time.

I remembered one of my friend-turned-foe who might assume that I was so rude, savage, and wild while I was afraid of talking to a human being friendly traveling together. I thought, "It's not necessary to be so because I believe in humanity. If she falls under any problems, I am ready to help her." However, there was not such a coincidence.

She said nothing to me and I was similar to her. More than three hours passed in the same manner. The bus arrived at the junction from where we departed.
Before getting down from the bus, she asked me, "Where are you getting down?"
"At the junction," I said.
"I am too at the same place," she said. "I am going to visit my sister's home but I am not familiar with this place."
"Let's go together to the cross road, and phone your sister to receive you," I said to her.
She phoned her sister and found she was not at home. I came to know from hearing her that her nephew or niece received the phone. They were small and could not take her to their home, she said. "Can you help me to reach there?"

We went at the crossroad and stopped a bus and i told the bus helper to help her getting down by the F.M. station of the town. The helper said, "It is my pleasure to do so. Some people don't say as clearly as you said and later complain us."

Though I am strong feminist, I always hesitate to communicate frankly because I think, "People will take me as a lusty man if I talk or speak to the opposite sexes." However, there was a spiritual communication between us that made us pleasant.

Neither she asked my name nor I asked her name. The traveling is still to continue but it is not certain whether we will meet again or not. "I don't expect to meet her again," I believe.

[This is an allusion to my friend's sister dedicated to Him.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment